North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest
Get sauced in historic downtown Oxford on Saturday, September 8 from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM for the 6th Annual North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest. Over 70+ vendors take part in this event. Come sample and purchase hot sauces, barbeque sauces, beers, wines and special foods all made in North Carolina.
This year should be bigger and better than ever and all the activities will certainly spice up the blends and texture of downtown’s historical streets.
There is so much to do this year and the event continues to grow. Here is a sampling:
- North Carolina Pepper Eating Contest. You could win $300.
- Enjoy music by local entertainers
- 12th annual Oxford Parks & Recreation Top 50 Car Show on College Street
- Granville County Museum September Sensations Bazaar
- Artist Dan Nelson will create the festival on canvas.
- Granville Gardeners Plant Sale
- Activities for the kids.
- Great shopping, food and so much more.
The North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest has transformed the community and the downtown into a “Smoking Hot Family Oriented Day” bringing in thousands of people into Oxford. We hope you will come out and support this event, said Tanya Weary, Downtown Development Director.